MASS is seeking a full-time BIM Manager to join our team. MASS is a mission-driven design collective that approaches design with an interdisciplinary focus on improving people’s lives in measurable ways. We create environments that promote health and human dignity, and design towards a regenerative building culture that advances economic, social, and environmental justice from the scale of a building to that of a system. With nearly 200 staff located around the world, our work has expanded to include projects in over 20 countries with a portfolio of design and construction services that spans architectural design, master planning, landscape architecture, engineering, construction, furniture design, and strategic planning.
MASS is looking for a BIM Specialist who will be responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and improving existing BIM resources, creation of new digital tools, and training design staff members to operate the programs effectively. She/he will provide support for production of design documents primarily in Revit, and provide input on procedures and best practices overall in MASS’s BIM implementation, on all projects, including collaboration with external partners and consultants.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Maintain ownership and responsibility for technology tools in use or under development across Mass Offices.
- Create updates and improvements to Revit model templates for all disciplines
- Support Design team by troubleshooting models and ensure continuity of workflow.
- Assist in the development of Graphic Standards in the drawing sets.
- Assist in developing functionality of new tools, including Dynamo scripts to be used in Revit Workflows.
- Integrate tools that allow project teams to interface between Rhino and Revit.
- Manage Revit Parameters files specific to both US and African office methodologies.
- Develop visual based guidelines, training books, pamphlets, signs, etc.
- Assist in developing graphics and imagery for presentations, partnership meetings, promotional materials, etc.
- Support the strategic prioritization and development of technology standards alongside the Global Design Resource group.
- Liaise with the BIM management team in US offices and the Kigali office, as well as provide input in MASS’s partnership with Autodesk and Microdesk.
- Provide periodic reporting on activities, strategy, and initiatives.
- Develop training protocol for onboarding and continuous improvement in BIM software.
- Ensure professional project implementation.
- Maintain communication and participate in training activities with Global Staff.
- Other activities as designated by the Building Integrity Council Lead.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5 Years experience implementing BIM in Design Projects.
- Expert knowledge in Autodesk Revit is required. Proficiency in Revit Family development, the Autodesk Construction Cloud (formerly BIM360), the Revit API, and Dynamo (or similar scripting packages) is an advantage.
- Specialized knowledge of other 2D/3D Software tools, such as Rhinoceros (and Rhino.Inside), AutoCAD, Civil3D, and Lumion is preferred.
- Experience having produced full Construction Drawing sets in Revit on multiple projects.
- Understanding of extracting information from the BIM model for CA/Construction Phase.
- Working knowledge of architectural standards, architectural documentation, and project development at each phase.
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills, supporting cross-office coordination.
- Possesses high integrity - strong ethical principles,
- Excellent reporting and communication skills,
- Comfortable and flexible with working from multiple locations.
At MASS Design Group we want people to be afforded the ability to do public interest work as a career and offer competitive salaries, health insurance, retirement plans as well as the opportunity to work with lighthouse organizations on seminal projects that promote justice and human dignity.
With over 200 employees from almost a dozen countries, MASS lives our belief that only a diverse staff from widely varied cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds is properly equipped to tackle complex challenges in our communities. We aspire to create a more inclusive architecture profession and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Qualified candidates should submit all application materials through the SlideRoom portal. Please, no phone calls or recruiting agencies. We will be in touch with next steps once your application has been reviewed.
N.B: Please note that the resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis.