Designer/ 3D Artist
MASS is seeking a full-time Designer/ 3D Artist to join our team. We are a mission-driven design collective that approaches architecture with an interdisciplinary focus on improving people’s lives in measurable ways. We create environments that promote health and human dignity, and design towards a regenerative building culture that advances economic, social, and environmental justice from the scale of a building to the scale of a system. We do this through architecture, landscape design, furniture design, engineering, planning, research, construction, film, and community engagement.
As a Designer/ 3D Artist you will be part of a multidisciplinary team focused on representation and storytelling. You will be able to work on your dedicated projects from first drafts to final touches, collaborating with architects, film makers, exhibit designers, graphic designers etc. We are looking for creative, innovative individuals, excited to experiment visually and assist teams and partners in delivering impactful design.
The experience and skills you will need
- Background in Design / Architecture
- 3-5+ years production experience in architectural animation or any CGI animation
- Proficiency with Rhino, Revit and Adobe Photoshop.
- Proficiency with Lumion, 3ds Max and V-Ray and/or Enscape.
- Skills in rendering, and an eye for great composition, mood and storytelling
- Understanding of the techniques related to cinematic architectural animations (storytelling, mood, framing, color, light and shadow)
- Skills in camera animation, rendering sequences and compositing. Proficiency with Blender, Cinema4D, Maya, or Zbrush is a plus.
- Editing skills and any experience with effects and post-production is an advantage (Davinci Resolve, Fusion or After Effects )
- Ability to create high-end exterior and interior architectural images & animations.
- In-depth knowledge of keyframes, compositing, motion design, and visual effects is desirable
- The ability to develop and articulate design concepts from storyboard to execution
- Exposure to Unity or Unreal Engine is a bonus
- Technical aptitude, problem-solving ability and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively in English – both verbally and in writing
At MASS Design Group we want people to be afforded the ability to do public interest work as a career and offer competitive salaries, health insurance, and retirement plans, as well as the opportunity to work with lighthouse organizations on seminal projects that promote justice and human dignity.
With over 250 employees from almost a dozen countries, MASS lives our belief that only a diverse staff from widely varied cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds is properly equipped to tackle complex challenges in our communities. We aspire to create a more inclusive architecture profession and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Qualified candidates should submit all application materials through the SlideRoom portal. Please, no phone calls or recruiting agencies. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so it is recommended to apply early. We will be in touch with next steps once your application has been reviewed.