Executive Assistant/Operations Coordinator
MASS is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant/Operations Coordinator to join our team in Santa Fe, NM. We are a mission-driven design collective that approaches architecture with an interdisciplinary focus on improving people’s lives in measurable ways. We create environments that promote health and human dignity, and design towards a regenerative building culture that advances economic, social, and environmental justice from the scale of a building to the scale of a system. With nearly 300 staff located around the world, our work has expanded to include projects in over 20 countries with a portfolio of design services that spans architectural design, master planning, landscape architecture, engineering, construction, furniture design, and strategic planning.
Our work in the Santa Fe Studio focuses primarily on technical capacity building, community engagement, affordable and supportive housing as well as other catalytic infrastructure in Native and non-Native communities of the American West. Our projects are located both here in Northern New Mexico and throughout North America. The Santa Fe Studio is also home to the Sustainable Native Communities Design Lab which focuses on closing the housing gap in Indian Country by researching, designing, training, and advocating for culturally-appropriate design and construction approaches. On any given day we may find ourselves leading national conversations on Indigenous design, facilitating community conversations with stakeholders of our local partners, and then enjoying green chile (or red!) on our enchiladas.
This role is ideal for someone who…
- has excellent oral and written communication skills, demonstrated with internal and external communication
- is organized, diligent, and investigative
- has a demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, while simultaneously leading multiple projects and effectively prioritizing time and tasks
- has the ability to multi-task with very strong judgment
- understands how to manage - down, up, and laterally
- values being a member of a team
- values our mission at MASS, and has an interest in design, and social and environmental justice
- Support Studio leadership on strategic projects related to growth, community engagement, and other initiatives
- Coordinate key HR, administrative, and IT tasks as Santa Fe-based representative of the Global Operations Department
- Build relationships with MASS team, project partners, and community members while representing MASS in Santa Fe
- Support the schedule of the Studio’s principals by coordinating meetings, facilitating task follow-up, and sometimes standing in as a representative for Studio leadership
- Managing the Studio’s supplies, safety/security, space, and operational systems
- Fielding phone calls and incoming emails
- Ensuring the Studio represents MASS’s values and ethos in its presentation and operations
- *Helping maintain COVID protocols and providing testing for staff and visitors.
- And other projects as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree
- 1 or more years of professional experience in an administrative role; previous experience as an executive assistant preferred
- Proficiency with Google Apps for Business (Gmail, Calendar, Drive), Microsoft Office Applications (Powerpoint, Excel, etc)
- Interest in a long term administrative focused role
- A demonstrated passion for community development, social impact, and/or design
At MASS Design Group we want people to be afforded the ability to do public interest work as a career and offer competitive salaries, health insurance, and retirement plans, as well as the opportunity to work with lighthouse organizations on seminal projects that promote justice and human dignity.
With over 120 employees from almost a dozen countries, MASS lives our belief that only a diverse staff from widely varied cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds is properly equipped to tackle complex challenges in our communities. We aspire to create a more inclusive architecture profession and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Qualified candidates should submit all application materials through the SlideRoom portal. Please, no phone calls or recruiting agencies. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so it is recommended to apply early. We will be in touch with next steps once your application has been reviewed.