MASS is seeking an analytical, driven, and motivated Coordinator to join our Advancement Team in the United States. We are a mission-driven design collective that approaches architecture, engineering and construction with an interdisciplinary focus on improving people’s lives in measurable ways. We create environments that promote health and human dignity, and design towards a regenerative building culture that advances economic, social, and environmental justice from the scale of a building to the scale of a system.
As a member of our US team, this position will work directly with our Senior Director of US Studio Strategy and Development who supports offices and studios located in Boston, Massachusetts; Poughkeepsie, New York; and Santa Fe, New Mexico, as well as extended coordination with our international team based in Africa. A strong candidate will be able to work effectively with the team to track new and upcoming development opportunities, and organize this information within our internal pipeline. 3-6 years of marketing, business development, or philanthropic development experience alongside strong writing and communication skills are encouraged. We are looking for a team player ready to support a change-making organization and we aspire to create a more inclusive architecture profession and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
- Strategy and Reporting
- Support Development Strategy for the Studio
- Assist in tracking the Advancement budget and plan
- Upstream Sourcing
- Conduct market research in core markets; monitor competitive marketplace
- Maintain systems used to support upstream sourcing (e.g., GovWin)
- Support methods used to secure new opportunities (i.e., project capture strategies)
- Lead Analysis
- Conduct research on opportunities to support go / no-go decision making
- Complete preliminary evaluations of unqualified development leads
- Attend regular touchpoints with Studio Principals to monitor development pipeline
- Maintain opportunity pipeline, notes, and reporting in our CRM (Salesforce)
- Qualifications and Proposal Development
- Assist in producing documents in the pursuit of Requests for Qualifications and/or Proposals
- Help organize key documents and folders
- Help prepare informational and analytical materials for developmental interviews
- Opportunity Conversion
- Update opportunity records with notes from debrief on opportunity wins and losses
- Comprehensive knowledge of MASS’s mission practice, clientele, goals, policies and procedures
- Professional, positive demeanor that encourages active participation in the studio.
- Positive attitude and ability to assist in mentoring the studio.
- Basic understanding of business management
- Excellent organizational skills
- Persistent – ability to follow up with leadership and all levels of studio
- Very effective scheduling and time management skills, able to self-manage deadlines and workload
- Ability to clearly communicate
- Experience with CRM systems or relational databases
- Strong researching skills
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills
At MASS Design Group we want people to be afforded the ability to do public interest work as a career and offer competitive salaries, health insurance, and retirement plans, as well as the opportunity to work with lighthouse organizations on seminal projects that promote justice and human dignity.
With over 250 employees from almost a dozen countries, MASS lives our belief that only a diverse staff from widely varied cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds is properly equipped to tackle complex challenges in our communities. We aspire to create a more inclusive architecture profession and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Qualified candidates should submit all application materials through the SlideRoom portal. Please, no phone calls or recruiting agencies. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so it is recommended to apply early. We will be in touch with next steps once your application has been reviewed.