MASS is seeking a diligent, self-directed and motivated Manager to join our Advancement Team in the United States. We are a mission-driven design collective that approaches architecture, engineering and construction with an interdisciplinary focus on improving people’s lives in measurable ways. We create environments that promote health and human dignity, and design towards a regenerative building culture that advances economic, social, and environmental justice from the scale of a building to the scale of a system.
As a member of our US team, this position will work directly with our Senior Director of US Studio Strategy and Development who supports offices and studios located in Boston, Massachusetts; Poughkeepsie, New York; and Santa Fe, New Mexico, as well as extended coordination with our international team based in Africa. A strong candidate will be able to work
effectively with the team to implement the development goals for the studio by supporting upstream sourcing of partnerships, lead development of tailored content to respond to opportunities, support storytelling and narrative construction for interviews and conversations with potential partners, and providing seamless cross-functional collaboration with other support teams at MASS. 5-10 years of marketing, business development, or philanthropic development experience alongside strong writing and communication skills are encouraged. We are looking for a team player ready to support a change-making organization and we aspire to create a more inclusive architecture profession and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
- Supervise and Coordinate the work carried out by the Advancement Coordinator
- Strategy & Reporting
- Implement the Advancement strategy for the Studio
- Track the Advancement budget and plan
- Supervise market research and monitor the marketplace
- Upstream Sourcing
- Coordinate strategies that will lead to successful opportunity conversion and help to define criteria for “go/no-go” decisions
- Implement methods used to secure new opportunities (i.e., project capture strategies)
- Steward subconsultant relationships, maintain subconsultant records in our CRM (Salesforce)
- Maintain relevant qualifications collateral in partnership with Communications and Archive teams
- Lead Analysis
- Consult on opportunity go / no-go decision making
- Attend regular touchpoints with leadership to monitor development pipeline
- Qualifications and Proposal Development
- Lead direct preparation: define production work plan, collect baseline content and tailor for the opportunity requirements
- Coordinate assembly of materials from subconsultants and teaming partners
- Source and maintain MASS-specific information used to respond to technical aspects of submissions
- Maintain supplementary collateral specific to development purposes
- Set interview prep work plan and lead interview content (e.g., assist PIC in scheduling interviews, collect baseline story content and tailoring, host rehearsals)
- Develop and maintain primary interview story structures
- Develop and maintain interview resources and tools
- Opportunity Conversion
- Attend and document debriefs on win or loss
- Comprehensive knowledge of MASS’s mission practice, clientele, goals, policies and procedures
- Professional, positive demeanor that encourages active participation in the studio.
- Positive attitude and ability to assist in mentoring the studio
- Ability to professionally represent the firm in client meetings
- Understanding of business management as it relates to architecture, engineering, and construction industry and firms/organizations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Persistent – ability to follow up with leadership and all levels of studio independently
- Very effective scheduling and time management skills, able to self-manage deadlines and workload
- Excellent communication skills, visual, oral and written
- Experience with CRM systems or relational databases
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to work independently with Principals during qualification and proposal developments and interview prep stages of work
- Enhanced understanding of architecture, engineering and/or construction industry producement, schedule and scoping processes and standards
At MASS Design Group we want people to be afforded the ability to do public interest work as a career and offer competitive salaries, health insurance, and retirement plans, as well as the opportunity to work with lighthouse organizations on seminal projects that promote justice and human dignity.
With over 250 employees from almost a dozen countries, MASS lives our belief that only a diverse staff from widely varied cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds is properly equipped to tackle complex challenges in our communities. We aspire to create a more inclusive architecture profession and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Qualified candidates should submit all application materials through the SlideRoom portal. Please, no phone calls or recruiting agencies. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so it is recommended to apply early. We will be in touch with next steps once your application has been reviewed.