MASS is seeking a full-time Receptionist to join our team in Boston, MA. We are a mission-driven design collective that approaches architecture with an interdisciplinary focus on improving people’s lives in measurable ways. We create environments that promote health and human dignity, and design towards a regenerative building culture that advances economic, social, and environmental justice from the scale of a building to the scale of a system. This position is an opportunity to join a dedicated, diverse and passionate team, working to research, build, and advocate for architecture that promotes justice and human dignity.
The Receptionist is responsible for supporting the Boston office administratively and providing excellent customer service to guests and visitors. The Receptionist plays a key role in creating a pleasant working environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the highest levels of customer care while demonstrating a friendly and cooperative attitude when greeting guests and visitors
- Maintain visitor and staff logs
- Schedule all Boston meeting rooms and appointments
- Mailing services and scheduling couriers
- Answer phone calls and incoming emails
- Manage inventory of all of our office supplies and kitchen
- Tidy up and keeping the office presentable
- Administrative support for team members when needed (ie: Making copies, courier services, bookings, etc).
- Tracking of expenses made by Administrative team.
- *Helping maintain COVID protocols and providing testing for staff and visitors.
- And other projects as assigned
Potential candidate has to be professional, have a strong work ethic, superb customer service skills, is organized, well-spoken, has the ability to multitask, and work with new technologies.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service
- Multitasking and prioritizing
- Organizational skills
- Familiarity with Google Workspace
- Attention to detail
- Supply management
- Adaptable and quick to learn new technologies
- Able to lift up to 20lbs
At MASS Design Group we want people to be afforded the ability to do public interest work as a career and offer competitive salaries, health insurance, retirement plans as well as the opportunity to work with lighthouse organizations on seminal projects that promote justice and human dignity.
With over 120 employees from almost a dozen countries, MASS lives our belief that only a diverse staff from widely varied cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds is properly equipped to tackle complex challenges in our communities. We aspire to create a more inclusive architecture profession and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Qualified candidates should submit all application materials through the SlideRoom portal. Please, no phone calls or recruiting agencies. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so it is recommended to apply early. We will be in touch with next steps once your application has been reviewed.