Architectural Designer/Project Manager
MASS is seeking a full-time Architectural Designer/Project Manager to join our team in Kigali. We are a mission-driven design collective that approaches architecture with an interdisciplinary focus on improving people’s lives in measurable ways. We create environments that promote health and human dignity, and design towards a regenerative building culture that advances economic, social, and environmental justice from the scale of a building to the scale of a system.
We are seeking a talented Architectural Designer with 6+ years of experience to join our growing practice. The candidate is anticipated to work as an Architectural Designer on a variety of projects primarily in the healthcare, education, conservation, and community development portfolios. The primary design assignments will include architectural design in concept, schematic design, design development, and construction document phases of work. They may also be asked to work within teams as well as manage and/or play a leadership role on projects of all scales in collaboration with Senior Architects, Design Directors, and Principals. Candidates should be comfortable with technical development of a project and with providing guidance and support to less experienced designers.
The ideal candidate has:
- 6-10 years of related architectural design and project-based experience
- A professional degree in architecture (BARCH or MARCH)
- A strong portfolio showing excellence in design iteration, concept development, and visual and written communication
- Capacity to contribute across project phases, from early phase conceptual design work through design development, and construction documentation
- Command of REVIT as the primary tool for architectural drawing is a must; proficiency in Rhino, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Lumion and/or other software, and the ability to work seamlessly between software platforms
- Ability to work collaboratively in team settings, while exhibiting individual initiative
- Comfortable coordinating interdisciplinary teams, managing project schedules and budgets and effectively communicating and coordinating with sub consultants
- Ability to communicate across a broad group of stakeholders including senior staff, partners/clients and the communities they serve
- Demonstrated interest in sustainability, low-carbon design and construction, and building performance
- Commitment to working in the Kigali area and contributing positively to the global office culture
- Previous experience working internationally or in healthcare is a plus
At MASS Design Group we want people to be afforded the ability to do public interest work as a career and offer competitive salaries, health insurance, and retirement plans, as well as the opportunity to work with lighthouse organizations on seminal projects that promote justice and human dignity.
With over 120 employees from almost a dozen countries, MASS lives our belief that only a diverse staff from widely varied cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds is properly equipped to tackle complex challenges in our communities. We aspire to create a more inclusive architecture profession and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Qualified candidates should submit all application materials through the SlideRoom portal before January 15, 2022. Please, no phone calls or recruiting agencies. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so it is recommended to apply early. We will be in touch with next steps once your application has been reviewed.