MASS is seeking a Staff Accountant who combines a solid understanding of general accounting rules with a focus in accounts payable principles, with strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to work independently and in a team setting. It is also important that you display excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work well under pressure. This full-time position is based in our Boston office.
This position is an opportunity to join a dedicated, diverse and passionate team, working to research, build, and advocate for architecture that promotes justice and human dignity.
- Support U.S. Accounting Lead in balance sheet and other GL account reconciliations
- Ensure that the monthly expense reporting by employees meets deadlines and requirements (receipts, accurate account coding and descriptions, approvals, etc.)
- Oversee the day-to-day workflow of accounts payable tasks
- Review accounts payable transactions for accuracy
- Prepare cashflow projections for payables
- Oversee preparation of payment processing reports for payroll deductions and other forms of payment to employees
- Prepare deposits and reconcile client A/R
- Monitor and maintain vendor and client communications and administration
- Support preparation and execution of annual audit
- Tackle additional responsibilities including A/R tasks and other needs as assigned by U.S. Accounting Lead
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field (Finance, Management, Economics); Master’s degree preferred
- At least 2 years of accounting experience and a desire to grow into other accounting roles
- Proficiency with Oracle/Netsuite, Quickbooks Online and Expensify desired
- Positive, collaborative and proactive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively, conceptualize assumptions, and test and report conclusions
- Nonprofit or professional services organizational experience preferred
This is a full time position (40 hours/week) reporting to the U.S. Accounting Lead, based in the Boston office.