Assistant Editor and Media Manager
MASS is seeking an organized and detail-oriented assistant editor and media manager to ingest and organize incoming media for documentary and short video projects that promote justice, while helping to support filmmakers on our international team throughout the post-production process. The Assistant Editor should have a discerning eye for aesthetics and technical details such as formatting for photo and video delivery to various destinations including exhibitions, television, film festivals, social media, and streaming platforms. MASS is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity. We encourage applications from individuals of all genders, backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
The person in this role will work with the film team to securely offload and backup media, track assets, apply metadata, create assemblies, do initial primary color grading or photo editing, output to social media, and archive completed projects. At the center of these responsibilities will be overseeing Iconik, our hybrid cloud media solution. While the majority of the time will be spent supporting these critical operations, candidates with experience in line producing, photo editing or post-production skills such as color-grading or sound mixing would be highly valued. Applicants are encouraged to share their portfolio including any samples of their post or production work where applicable.
The ideal person for this role is diligent and communicative, but also a systems-level thinker who can recognize how assuring quality early and often in media management translates to time saved for themselves and their team-members. As a member of the media team, you will work closely with the film editor to support post-production and media workflows and ensure that our best content is considered in the cutting room and disseminated for communications needs elsewhere in the organization.
At MASS Media video is a transformative engine for change. This position is an opportunity to be a member of an incredibly talented team working to improve the wellbeing of communities and the environment globally. We want someone who is respectful and prioritizes the agency and dignity of the subjects we profile, the populations we serve, and their team.
- Media offloading and logging with metadata
- Ensuring data integrity with checksum verification
- Managing the Iconik media platform (organization, tagging, & backups)
- Facilitating necessary asset migration between international team members
- Prepping media in DaVinci projects to be edit-ready
- Assembling footage string outs and select reels
- Creating contact sheets for photos
- Image editing and retouching in Photoshop / Lightroom
- Managing transcript and translation documents and text-based metadata
- Archiving Projects
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Positive and proactive attitude
- High attention to detail including aesthetic consistency
- Ability to handle confidential information with tact and discretion
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop (or similar) for basic photo editing
- Proficiency with DaVinci Resolve (or experience assistant editing in other NLEs)
- Ability to do basic color correction and audio sweetening
- Filming ability is a plus
- Must be a fluent English speaker
Interested individuals should submit their applications through the SlideRoom link below by May 31st, 2021.