MASS.Media is seeking a versatile, full-time, Kigali based filmmaker to work on architecture focused documentary projects that promote justice. You must be interested in the effects of space on society, keen to work irregular hours to accommodate filmmaking schedules, and proactively innovate new practices and models of film production based in Rwanda. MASS is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity. We encourage applications from individuals of all genders, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
The person in this role will work as a production assistant with the team to assist with shoots, media management, equipment organization, research, general operations and other project and team needs as determined by their manager. This role requires great attention to detail and clear and consistent communication abilities.
The ideal person for this role is a resourceful problem solver, motivated to take on any challenge or assignment that comes their way, often with tight deadlines and fluctuating circumstances and objectives. As a member of the media team, you will work closely with the team members to help manage and produce projects. We want someone who is humble, respectful, and prioritizes the agency and dignity of the subjects we profile and the populations we serve. This is an opportunity to work with a fully-featured, end-to-end production facility in Kigali. You must be committed to leveraging these capabilities towards impact through film, and enjoy working in a fast-paced start-up culture.
At MASS, the idea that architecture is a transformative engine for change is at our core. Film is an ideal medium to help advocate for and propel this change. This position is an opportunity to be a member of an incredibly talented film team working to produce media that promotes conservation, justice, and human dignity.
- Day-to-day production management and assistance, ranging from coordinating shoot logistics to post-production workflows
- Media management
- Film equipment and IT management
- Assist with filming off-site and on-site
- Assist with editing, including color correction and sound design. Organizing and scrubbing through footage
- Film research and development to help plan effective and efficient productions
- Handling production paperwork
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Education in film related field and/or practical shooting or editing experience
- Proficiency using DSLR, camcorder, or professional cinema cameras
- Experience with sound recording equipment
- Experience with Davinci Resolve and Adobe Premiere Pro
- Positive and proactive attitude
- High attention to detail and ability to handle confidential information with tact and discretion
- Drivers license