Aluminum Fabrication Coordinator, MASS.Build
MASS Design recently launched MASS Build, a mission-driven general contracting company in Rwanda. MASS Build offers knowledge, expertise, and realistic expectations upfront while maintaining transparency throughout the construction process on the project budget and schedule. With the mission of the project and client as our driver, MASS Build brings a focus on impact and quality rather than on bottom-line profits. Through MASS Build, MASS now offers our partners Construction Management and General Contracting services of the highest quality. MASS Build uses the construction process to offer uplifting and equal employment opportunities while emphasizing safe construction practices and skill improvement for local workers. MASS Build aims to become an industry leader in project delivery in the region, inspiring higher expectations and demand in the market for increased quality and impact through construction.
MASS Build is seeking someone who can oversee the process of production and installation of Aluminum Door and Window systems. The primary responsibility would be to liaise and provide oversight over window and door subcontractors, on behalf of MASS Build. Quality control in fabrication and adherence to project schedule are two critical aspects that the candidate will need to enforce.
- Manage the final production of shop drawings for fabrication and assembly.
- Work with subcontractors to ensure that they are adhering to our construction schedule.
- Oversee the fabrication of doors, windows, and curtain wall elements in subcontractors’ facilities.
- Ensure that windows and doors are assembled according to working drawings.
- Oversee the installation of windows and doors.
- Check glass sizing and quantity takeoffs.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years experience in aluminum window and door fabrication and installation.
- Good understanding of technical shop drawings.
- Well organized with an ability to maintain a production and install schedule.
- Fundamental understanding of waterproofing detailing and wall construction.
- Good communication skills to liaise with subcontractors.
- Fluency in English is required, language skills in Kinyarwanda is preferred.
This position will be split between Kigali, Rwanda and our current project site in Kinigi, Musanze, Rwanda
Application Deadline: October 31st, 2020
Tentative Start Date: November 8th, 2020