This position can be based internationally, working remotely, or based in an existing MASS location with teams working in either Kigali, Boston, Santa Fe, Poughkeepsie, London, Cape Town or Barcelona.
MASS is seeking a versatile and prolific full-time editor to work on documentary and short video projects that promote justice, while helping to train other junior filmmakers on our team through the post-production process. You must be keen to share skills and support team members, and proactively innovate new practices and models of film post-production. MASS is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity. We encourage applications from individuals of all genders, backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
The person in this role will work with the team to edit a diversity of videos from documentary films to short video content for a wide range of platforms - including, exhibitions, television, film festivals, social media, streaming platforms, etc.
The ideal person for this role is a resourceful problem solver, motivated to try new things while remaining goal-oriented. They are prolific and value speed and a high amount of content production, while remaining detail oriented. You must have pride in your work but be humble and willing to produce at a variety of qualities and styles based on client, partner, and team-member needs.
While the majority of the time will be spent as an offline editor, online experience like color-grading and vfx skills would be highly valued.
As a member of the film team, you will work closely with the film director to manage and produce projects.
At MASS Media video is a transformative engine for change. This position is an opportunity to be a member of an incredibly talented team working to improve the wellbeing of communities globally. We want someone who is respectful and prioritizes the agency and dignity of the subjects we profile and the populations we serve.
- Offline editing
- Color correction and sound design
- Media management
- Post-production workflow and IT management
- Team training
- Day-to-day production management and assistance, ranging from coordinating logistics to larger post-production workflows, tractics, and strategies
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Proficiency with Davinci Resolve, Premiere Pro, online / offline workflows (Photoshop is a plus)
- High attention to detail and ability to handle confidential information with tact and discretion
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience as a video editor
- Must be a fluent English speaker
Remuneration will be determined based on years and type of experience, portfolio, and recommendations.