Batch Plant Operator, MASS.Build
With more than 10 years of experience working on various projects in Rwanda, MASS identified a critical gap in the infrastructure development market. After working with nearly every major construction firm in the country, MASS identified a gap in the capacity of local teams to deliver complex projects on time, on budget, and at a high level of quality. For these reasons, MASS launched MASS.Build, a construction arm. MASS offers knowledge, expertise, and realistic expectations up front while maintaining transparency throughout the construction process on the project budget and schedule. With the mission of the project and client as our driver, MASS.Build brings a focus on impact and quality rather than on bottom line profits. Through MASS.Build, MASS offers partners Construction Management and General Contracting services of the highest quality.
MASS uses the construction process to offer uplifting and equal employment opportunities, while emphasizing safe construction practices and skill improvement for local laborers. MASS.Build aims to become an industry leader in project delivery in the region, inspiring higher expectations and a demand in the market for increased quality and impact through construction.
MASS.Build requires someone to join our construction team in Kinigi, Rwanda who can be trained in the production of high quality concrete. The project has recently procured a mobile batching plant to assist in the production of concrete for multiple buildings in the construction of a Research Campus in Kinigi. We are seeking a motivated individual that is thoroughly familiar with all aspects of the design, production, and testing of concrete, as the person responsible for operation of the Batching Plant. This person will need to regularly coordinate with the site engineering team for various mix designs and testing requirements.
- Operate the batch machinery and set up the configuration to meet required mixes
- Maintain and keep equipment in safe operating condition
- Producing consistent high quality concrete
- Working with quality lab to test and record all concrete produced
- Carry out minor repairs and routine maintenance of the machinery
- Perform weekly physical inventory audits
- Ensure all environmental regulations and policies are followed
- Hold at least an Advanced diploma. Engineering degree highly desired
- Minimum 5 years experience with concrete production on a batching plant is highly desirable and preferred
- Proficient knowledge about concrete materials, concrete mix design and lab testing
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills that help take directives and train co-workers
- Follows policies and procedures. Supports MASS Build mission and values
Application Deadline: June 15,2020
Tentative Start Date: July 20,2020