Telehandler Operator, MASS.Build
With more than 10 years of experience working on various projects in Rwanda, MASS identified a critical gap in the infrastructure development market. After working with nearly every major construction firm in the country, MASS identified a gap in the capacity of local teams to deliver complex projects on time, on budget, and at a high level of quality. For these reasons, MASS launched MASS.Build, a construction arm. MASS offers knowledge, expertise, and realistic expectations up front while maintaining transparency throughout the construction process on the project budget and schedule. With the mission of the project and client as our driver, MASS.Build brings a focus on impact and quality rather than on bottom line profits. Through MASS.Build, MASS offers partners Construction Management and General Contracting services of the highest quality.
MASS uses the construction process to offer uplifting and equal employment opportunities, while emphasizing safe construction practices and skill improvement for local laborers. MASS.Build aims to become an industry leader in project delivery in the region, inspiring higher expectations and a demand in the market for increased quality and impact through construction.
MASS.Build requires an operator to be part of our construction team in Kinigi, Rwanda. MASS.Build is in the process of obtaining a Telehandler to assist in the ongoing construction of a research campus in Kinigi. We are in search of an operator for this machine, responsible for its safe usage and general maintenance.
- Maintain and keep equipment in safe operating condition
- Lifting of materials and delivery to specific locations on site
- Detailed knowledge of rigging and handling of heavy materials in a safe and responsible way
- Ensure the vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres etc
- Ensure the vehicle is serviced regularly and both the insurance and registrations are updated to schedule .
- Log daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, etc.
- Perform all work according to MASS Build Ltd safety policies
- Work closely with Fore(wo)men and Storekeeper to understand and prepare which materials are needed to move.
- Have at least ordinary level diploma
- Hold a valid driving license category F with at least 5 years working experience on telehandler or similar equipment
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations
- Ability to carry out minor repairs and routine maintenance of the equipment
- Health and Safety training certification would be an advantage
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda, knowledge of English is an asset
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills
Application Deadline: July 25, 2020
Tentative Start Date: Aug 1, 2020