MASS is seeking an individual with a knack for organization, an obsession for details, and a penchant for creative problem solving to join our team as an Executive Assistant. The person in this role will spearhead the administrative tasks that allow our executives to be the best designers, leaders, and advocates possible within our organization and more broadly to our field. This is a unique opportunity for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced work environment, and is looking for exposure to a dynamic, global organization.
Since 2008, MASS has developed a reputation for our pioneering commitment to social impact and environmental sustainability through award-winning and innovative work. We are driven by a focus on maximum impact for the constituents our projects serve. MASS strives to demonstrate that great design can engage civic responsibility, deliver economic and social outcomes, and inspire by bringing beauty and dignity to those most often denied or displaced by architecture.
This opportunity is a full time position in our Boston office, with potential for travel to other locations where our team is working. The Executive Assistant will report to the Narrative Team and work closely with MASS’s Executive Director.
This role is ideal for someone who...
- has excellent oral and written communication skills, demonstrated with internal and external communication
- is organized, diligent, and investigative
- is comfortable with ambiguity and has the ability to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities
- has a demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, while simultaneously leading multiple projects and effectively prioritizing time and tasks
- has the ability to multi-task with very strong judgment
- has a high level of interpersonal maturity, confidence, empathy, and grace under pressure
- has a strong ethic of service
- values being a member of a team
- values our mission at MASS, and has an interest in design and social and environmental justice
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree
- 1 or more years of professional experience in an administrative role; previous experience as an executive assistant preferred
- Proficiency with Google Apps for Business (Gmail, Calendar, Drive) and Microsoft Office Applications (Powerpoint, Excel, etc)
- Interest in a long term administrative focused role