MASS is seeking a full-time Designer to join our team in Poughkeepsie, New York. We are an international architecture and design collective that approaches architecture with an interdisciplinary focus on improving people’s lives in measurable ways. We create environments that promote health and human dignity, and design towards a regenerative building culture that advances economic, social, and environmental justice from the scale of a building to the scale of a system. Throughout the construction process, we collaborate with the communities our buildings will serve, approaching every project as a chance to invest in their future. Our work has expanded to include projects in over a dozen countries in Africa and the Americas with a portfolio of design services that spans architectural design, master planning, landscape architecture, engineering, and strategic planning.
Our work in the Hudson Valley is interdisciplinary and multi-faceted, but includes a singular focus on the role that an expanded design process can have in strengthening community wealth, jump-starting catalytic projects, and providing advocacy for communities in small American cities. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively to tackle unique design problems in the Hudson Valley and around the world, and will have the creativity and judgment to meet the unique challenges each presents.
The ideal candidate has:
- 2-5 years of experience; excellence in design iteration and visual communication
- a professional degree in architecture
- the skills necessary to effectively apply MASS methodology to diverse projects and enforce high project standards
- the ability to maintain flexibility and humility toward the clients and communities we serve
- the ability to openly and effectively communicate with clients and senior staff
- attention to detail, consistency and completeness & ability to meet deadlines, respond to timely project delivery
- proficiency in AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe Suite, and Revit
Additional experience in food systems, real estate development, affordable housing, and adaptive reuse projects is desirable but not required.
Interested candidates should submit all application materials before March 31. If you have already submitted an application to another open position please do not submit multiple applications. Please indicate your interest in multiple positions by emailing [email protected] We will be in touch with next steps once your application has been reviewed.