With more than 10 years of experience working on various projects in Rwanda, MASS identified a critical gap in the infrastructure development market. After working with nearly every major construction firm in the country, MASS identified a gap in the capacity of local teams to deliver complex projects on time, on budget, and at a high level of quality. For these reasons, MASS launched MASS.Build, a construction arm. MASS offers knowledge, expertise, and realistic expectations up front while maintaining transparency throughout the construction process on the project budget and schedule. With the mission of the project and client as our driver, MASS.Build brings a focus on impact and quality rather than on bottom line profits. Through MASS.Build, MASS offers partners Construction Management and General Contracting services of the highest quality.
MASS uses the construction process to offer uplifting and equal employment opportunities, while emphasizing safe construction practices and skill improvement for local laborers. MASS.Build aims to become an industry leader in project delivery in the region, inspiring higher expectations and a demand in the market for increased quality and impact through construction.
MASS.Build is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable full time Fore(wo)man to lead a team for the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund campus construction project in Kinigi, Musanze.
The successful Fore(wo)man will hold the following responsibilities within the project. We will need someone to oversee the construction of these items, with a team of skilled and unskilled staff. Their duties are outlined as follows:
- Identify and plan for the required materials, labor, and equipment required to complete assigned tasks
- Lead and mentor their team to complete tasks and maintain team morale
- Develop Method Statements that accurately describe how to complete tasks successfully and safely
- Coordinate with other Fore(wo)men to fully utilize available resources
- Accurately track daily tasks as they are completed or identify why delays occurred
- Contribute to positive and equitable work environment
- Maintain a professional attitude in any situations when representing the company or client.
- An engineering degree or relevant technical degree
- 3-5 years minimum proven experience in large projects
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate and report effectively
- Fluent both in Kinyarwanda and English
- Driver’s license (optional, but preferred)
Tentative Start Date: January 20, 2019