With more than 10 years of experience working on various projects in Rwanda, MASS identified a critical gap in the infrastructure development market. After working with nearly every major construction firm in the country, MASS identified a gap in the capacity of local teams to deliver complex projects on time, on budget, and at a high level of quality. For these reasons, MASS launched MASS.Build, offering knowledge, expertise, and realistic expectations up front while maintaining transparency throughout the construction process on the project budget and schedule. With the mission of the project and client as our driver, MASS.Build brings a focus on impact and quality rather than on bottom line profits. Through MASS.Build, MASS offers partners Construction Management and General Contracting services of the highest quality.
MASS.Build uses the construction process to offer uplifting and equal employment opportunities, while emphasizing safe construction practices and skill improvement for local laborers. MASS.Build aims to become an industry leader in project delivery in the region, inspiring higher expectations and a demand in the market for increased quality and impact through construction.
During the construction of the campus, MASS Build will need a Storekeeper to oversee the inventory management of materials.
- Liaise with site managers in placing orders to ensure continuous availability of the materials
- Manage inventory requisitions, purchase order receipts, materials received register (MRR), storage, dispatch, and inventory control
- Maintain stock register & assets stock register
- Inform the supervisor on the exact quantities delivered as soon as they are received
- Code and label all materials in the store
- Take weekly stock check of all materials at the site
- Submit weekly reports on materials received, used, damaged and transferred to other sites/warehouses
- Ensure cleanliness and health safety measures in the store at all times
- Ensure that storekeeping standard systems are properly maintained
- Assess the availability of space and prepare stacking/storage plans prior to commodities arrivals
- Perform any other related duties as requested by management
Desired Skills and Traits
- A degree in Management and any related fields with experience in construction works
- Advanced skills in Excel and other Microsoft Office tools
- High integrity
- Excellent communication skills
Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda