Landscape Team Leader
MASS is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable full-time Senior Landscape Associate to lead our landscape design team in our Kigali office.
MASS seeks to create innovative design approaches that improve people’s lives in measurable ways. We create environments that promote health and dignity. Throughout the construction process, we collaborate with the communities our buildings will serve, approaching every project as a chance to invest in their future. Our work has expanded to work in over a dozen countries in Africa and the Americas with a portfolio of design services that spans architectural design, master planning, landscape architecture, engineering, and strategic planning. Current cross-disciplinary projects for engagement include projects in conservation, education, healthcare and urban design.
The ideal candidate will excel in team building, project management, directing landscape design, and thought leadership. This person will manage the landscape architecture portfolio for the Kigali office, direct team development, and participate in the pursuit of new business development opportunities. The position entails working collaboratively and across disciplines to tackle unique design problems across the globe. It will require creativity and judgment to meet the unique challenges of the role and to help to envision and articulate the MASS strategy for landscape design in Africa.
The position we are seeking to fill is based in Kigali, Rwanda, with possibility of travel required for regional, national and global work. Applicants able to work across multiple disciplines, in international settings, and with mentorship experience are highly valued.
- 10 years of experience working on all phases of the design management and process including: development of design documents, construction detailing, technical detailing, engineering coordination, management of construction documents, and coordination of project consultants
- Track record of openly and effectively communicating with clients and senior staff as well as mentoring and training junior staff
- Experience managing and inspiring the design process, construction administration, team development and research
- Skill in developing clear work plans, establishing clear project roles, tracking schedules, building standards and empowering team members
- Deep understanding of the fiduciary and contractual responsibilities of a professional landscape architect, the ability to complete and manage reports, estimates, and budgets
- Commitment to applying the MASS methodology and enforcing high project standards while maintaining flexibility and humility toward the clients and communities we serve
- Professional license in country of origin
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, AutoCad and Rhino. Revit a plus