MASS is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable team leader to join our construction administration team in Bugesera, Rwanda for the construction of RICA University Campus. MASS seeks to create innovative design approaches that improve people’s lives in measurable ways. We create environments that promote health and dignity.
Throughout the construction process, we collaborate with those who work on our buildings and landscapes, approaching every project as a chance to invest in their future. Our work has expanded to over a dozen countries in Africa and the Americas with a portfolio of design services that spans architectural design, master planning, landscape architecture, engineering, and strategic planning. This person will work collaboratively to tackle unique construction problems, and will have the creativity and judgment to meet the unique challenges each presents.
Landscape CA representative will be on site five days a week in Bugesera, on the site of RICA (Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture). Responsibility is to coordinate landscape scope of work between site contractor Remote Group and MASS Design Group. This includes:
- Coordinating landscape construction in cooperation with Remote landscape team and MASS design and CA teams.
- Understanding and coordination of multiple disciplines.
- Coordinating priorities, sequencing, disciplines (landscape, civils, MEP, site wide utilities, architectural, engineering), as relates to landscape work.
- Planning and overseeing mockups and installations
- Coordinate review of submittals and RFIs, MARs, often working closely with allied disciplines (civils, MEP, etc)
- Ensure quality control and consistency of installed work
- Attend design team, CA, technical, management, and client meetings as required
- Document site progress, log and coordinate issues to be resolved, complete weekly site report
- Oversee nursery operations in coordination with Remote landscape team. Approve/ reject plant material to be installed.
- Conduct regular site reviews of landscape scope.
- Protect landscape features such as trees, topsoil, erosion prevention in coordination with Remote landscape team.
- Coordinate with MASS design team to resolve design issues/ keep team updated on site progress.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- degree in landscape architecture, civil engineering, natural resources or related field
- a minimum of 2 years of experience working on variety of construction projects in management, coordination, and construction.
- a deep understanding of the contractual responsibilities of a professional landscape architect, the ability to openly and effectively communicate with clients, contractors, and senior staff as well as mentor and train junior staff
- Attention to detail, consistency and completeness & ability to meet deadlines, respond to timely project delivery
- Effectively applies MASS methodology and enforces high project standards
- Experience in botany, landscape installation, soils, grading.
- Fluency in AutoCad, Adobe Suites, and Microsoft Suites. Revit and Rhino a plus.
- Design experience including concept, schematic, design development, construction documents, and on site experience
- Training, teaching, mentoring experience