Autodesk Student Expert
We are looking for a candidate to support our team in the Kigali, Rwanda office on using AutoCAD Map 3D, Civil 3D, and integration of GIS to Revit and CAD, to assist us in interdisciplinary coordination of both large and small scale projects. Focus will be on several projects, including RICA, a large scale sustainable agricultural university in the south of Rwanda; a project in the mountains of Rwanda; as well as work on creating national geotechnical and ecological databases with local organizations and a local drone operator, and potentially projects in neighboring countries. This internship will help MASS use the framework for analysis, planning, and design set up by the previous Autodesk intern, and help us to apply it across the office’s disciplines and Autodesk platforms, and allow us to share information beyond MASS. The Design Technology intern will also create a method to document their work and train MASS staff on the use of different technology and workflows.
For this internship, you will gain hands-on, real-world experience by:
- Creating an inhouse audit of Autodesk use and identify best platforms for each task, and best workflows.
- Training the MASS team in most applicable aspects of AutoCAD Map 3D, Civil 3D, arcGIS for AutoCAD, Revit and their integration.
- Using previous Autodesk intern workflow in initial site analysis (GIS data, environmental data, socio-economic information, existing infrastructure, slope analysis, etc), and ensure cross-disciplinary/ cross platform application with arch, landscape, and civils teams
- Developing, documenting, and training others in a process for MASS to input original site data (e.g. drone survey data) to Autodesk programs (e.g. Civil 3D/Map 3D), and to output CAD/ Revit plans & data to field based technology (e.g.GPS)
- Developing, documenting, and training others on workflow processes between GIS site analysis platforms and Autodesk documentation software (Autocad, Revit, Civil 3D)
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD Map 3D, Civil 3D, Revit, CAD
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in GIS & GPS including understanding of coordinate systems and projections
- Knowledge/experience with landscape architecture, civil, architecture projects
- Experience with Rhino a plus
- Currently enrolled in a Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Civil Engineering, or Urban Design degree program or other related field
- Experience in Microsoft office, Adobe Creative cloud
- Desired: Experience using Infraworks
- Strong written, oral, and visual communication skills
- Experience and/ or aptitude in teaching, training, mentoring
- Must be creative self-starter
- Ability and interest in living and working in a cross-cultural environment
- Enrollment in the Autodesk Student Expert program prior to the internship commencing.
What’s in it for you?
- As part of the internship, MASS will provide housing and will also cover all costs for transport and on the job expenses.
- You will live and work in Kigali, Rwanda, with travel to project sites throughout the country.
- Your work will make an impact on how design is used to solve problems in areas of most need in the world.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 15th, 2019