MASS is seeking a full-time Architectural Designer to join our team in Poughkeepsie, NY. We are a mission-driven design collective that approaches architecture with an interdisciplinary focus on improving people’s lives in measurable ways. We create environments that promote health and human dignity, and design towards a regenerative building culture that advances economic, social, and environmental justice from the scale of a building to the scale of a system.
We are seeking a talented Designer with 3+ years of experience to join our growing practice. The candidate is anticipated to support a variety of projects related to community facilities, social infrastructure, urban design, and adaptive reuse. The primary design assignments will include architectural design and conceptual development in early design phases, as well as Schematic Design through Construction Documents Phase.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3 years of related architectural design and post-graduate experience
- A professional degree in architecture (BARCH or MARCH);
- A strong portfolio showing excellence in design iteration, and strong graphic representation skills in 2D and 3D
- Proven experience performing design analysis and translating design concepts into actionable and feasible design drawings for implementation;
- Capacity to contribute across project phases, from early phase conceptual design work through design development, and construction documentation
- Command of REVIT as the primary tool for architectural drawing is a must; proficiency in Rhino, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Lumion and/or other software;
- Ability to work collaboratively in team settings, while exhibiting individual initiative and strong time-management skills;
- Demonstrated interest in low-carbon design & construction and building performance;
- A commitment to working in the Boston area and contributing positively to the global office culture.
- Experience working in multi-family housing and/or healthcare is a plus.
At MASS Design Group we want people to be afforded the ability to do public interest work as a career and offer competitive salaries, health insurance, retirement plans as well as the opportunity to work with lighthouse organizations on seminal projects that promote justice and human dignity.
With over 200 employees from almost a dozen countries, MASS lives our belief that only a diverse staff from widely varied cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds is properly equipped to tackle complex challenges in our communities. We aspire to create a more inclusive architecture profession and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Interested candidates should submit all application materials through the SlideRoom portal. Please, no phone calls or recruiting agencies. We will be in touch with next steps once your application has been reviewed.