Senior Architect/Project Manager
MASS is seeking a full-time Senior Architect/Project Manager to join our team in Boston, MA. We are a mission-driven design collective that approaches architecture with an interdisciplinary focus on improving people’s lives in measurable ways. We create environments that promote health and human dignity, and design towards a regenerative building culture that advances economic, social, and environmental justice from the scale of a building to the scale of a system.
We are seeking a talented Senior Architect with 10+ years of experience to join our growing organization. The candidate is anticipated to work as a lead architect and project manager on a variety of projects primarily in the affordable housing, health care, and community development portfolio. Candidates should have the ability to manage a project team and lead the technical development of complex projects from concept design through construction documents while providing guidance and support to less experienced designers. The ability to use Revit as the primary tool for production and documentation is critical to this position. Please see below for the full list of position requirements.
- Licensed Architect
- 10 years of related architectural design and project-based experience, including 4+ years experience in architectural Project Management, 4+ years experience leading technical documentation;
- Capacity to lead a team across all phases of design, particularly experience in the production of construction documents and directing/coaching less experienced staff and consultant teams in the preparation of those documents
- Experience managing client and consultant expectations, developing project schedules and budgets, preparing contracts, and negotiating proposals
- Previous experience working in multi-family housing or healthcare, particularly Type V or III over Type 1 mid-rise projects
- Advanced understanding of Building and Accessibility Codes, ability to navigate various jurisdictional, zoning, and funding requirements
- Command of Revit as the primary tool for architectural drawing is a must; experience in Rhino, Bluebeam, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Lumion and/or other software, and the ability to work seamlessly between software platforms;
- Ability to lead interdisciplinary coordination, scheduling and leading coordination meetings, and effectively communicating with subconsultants;
- Ability to lead meetings and communicate clearly across a broad group of stakeholders including colleagues, government agencies, partners/clients, and the communities they serve;
- Demonstrated interest in low-carbon design & construction and building performance;
- Commitment to working in the Boston office and contributing positively to the global office culture;
At MASS Design Group we want people to be afforded the ability to do public interest work as a career and offer competitive salaries, health insurance, retirement plans as well as the opportunity to work with lighthouse organizations on seminal projects that promote justice and human dignity.
With over 250 employees from almost a dozen countries, MASS lives our belief that only a diverse staff from widely varied cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds is properly equipped to tackle complex challenges in our communities. We aspire to create a more inclusive architecture profession and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Qualified candidates should submit all application materials through the SlideRoom portal. Please, no phone calls or recruiting agencies. We will be in touch with next steps once your application has been reviewed.