Operations Coordinator/Office Manager
MASS is seeking a full-time Operations Coordinator to join our team in Poughkeepsie, NY. We are a mission-driven design collective that approaches architecture with an interdisciplinary focus on improving people’s lives in measurable ways. We create environments that promote health and human dignity, and design towards a regenerative building culture that advances economic, social, and environmental justice from the scale of a building to the scale of a system. With nearly 300 staff located around the world, our work has expanded to include projects in over 20 countries with a portfolio of design services that spans architectural design, master planning, landscape architecture, engineering, construction, furniture design, and strategic planning.
Our work in Poughkeepsie is centered on a community engaged design process that aligns partners and projects across sectors in the Hudson Valley region and beyond. The Hudson Valley Studio is also home to the Fringe City Design Lab and the Food Systems Design Lab, two research initiatives within MASS’s Research & Development department.
This role is ideal for someone who…
- has excellent oral and written communication skills, demonstrated with internal and external communication
- is organized, diligent, and investigative
- has a demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, while simultaneously leading multiple projects and effectively prioritizing time and tasks
- has the ability to multitask
- understands and demonstrates an ability to organize and manage tasks for completion, working alongside team members and elevating critical items to leadership team
- values being a member of a dynamic and close-knit team
- values our mission at MASS, and has an interest in design, and social and environmental justice
- Support Studio leadership on strategic projects related community engagement and outreach
- Coordinate key administrative, and IT tasks as the Poughkeepsie -based representative of the Global Operations Department
- Provide administrative support for team members when needed (ie: Making copies, courier services, bookings, etc).
- Manage the administration of our community gallery space including welcoming guests, developing marketing and outreach materials, coordinating exhibition content and installation
- Track expenses and operations budget for the office
- Build relationships with MASS team, project partners, and community members while representing MASS in Poughkeepsie
- Support the schedule of the Studio’s principals by coordinating meetings, facilitating task follow-up
- Manage the Studio’s supplies and operational systems, maintenance, and general appearance
- Coordinate office maintenance projects, including office purchases and weekly team lunches
- Field phone calls, outgoing and incoming mailings, and incoming general emails
- Ensure the Studio represents MASS’s values and ethos in its presentation and operations
- Help maintain COVID protocols and providing testing for staff and visitors.
- Assist with travel arrangements and special event logistics coordination
- Coordinating office maintenance and general appearance
- Work from the Poughkeepsie office 5 days a week
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a high school degree, associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 or more years of professional experience in an administrative role
- Proficiency with Google Apps for Business (Gmail, Calendar, Drive), Microsoft Office Applications (Powerpoint, Excel, etc)
- A demonstrated passion for community development, social impact, and/or design
- Preference for a local resident, or willingness to relocate to Poughkeepsie
At MASS Design Group we want people to be afforded the ability to do public interest work as a career and offer competitive salaries, health insurance, and retirement plans, as well as the opportunity to work with lighthouse organizations on seminal projects that promote justice and human dignity.
With over 250 employees from almost a dozen countries, MASS lives our belief that only a diverse staff from widely varied cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds is properly equipped to tackle complex challenges in our communities. We aspire to create a more inclusive architecture profession and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Qualified candidates should submit all application materials through the SlideRoom portal. Please, no phone calls or recruiting agencies. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so it is recommended to apply early. We will be in touch with next steps once your application has been reviewed.