MASS is seeking a full-time Operations Coordinator to join our team in Boston, MA. We are a mission-driven design collective that approaches architecture with an interdisciplinary focus on improving people’s lives in measurable ways. We create environments that promote health and human dignity, and design towards a regenerative building culture that advances economic, social, and environmental justice from the scale of a building to the scale of a system. This position is an opportunity to join a dedicated, diverse and passionate team, working to research, build, and advocate for architecture that promotes justice and human dignity.
The Operations Coordinator is part of our Administration Team here at MASS and is responsible for supporting the Boston office team and providing excellent customer service to guests and visitors. You will be responsible for helping maintain a pleasant physical working environment for our staff in Boston, and therefore this position will be entirely in-person
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the highest levels of customer care while demonstrating a friendly and cooperative attitude when greeting guests and visitors
- Maintain visitor and staff logs
- Schedule all Boston meeting rooms and appointments
- Event planning for internal social team gatherings
- Mailing services and scheduling couriers
- Coordinate supplies between the Boston and Kigali (Rwanda) offices
- Answer phone calls and incoming emails
- Manage inventory of all of our office supplies and kitchen
- Tidy up and keeping the office presentable
- Administrative support for team members when needed (ie: Making copies, courier services, bookings, etc).
- Stocking our kitchen, office supplies, cleaning supplies, etc
- *Helping maintain COVID protocols for staff and visitors.
- And other projects as assigned
Potential candidate has to be professional, have a strong work ethic, superb customer service skills, is organized, well-spoken, has the ability to multitask, and work with new technologies.
1-2 years of previous administrative experience is preferred.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service
- Multitasking and prioritizing
- Strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with Google Workspace
- Attention to detail
- Supply management
- Adaptable and quick to learn new technologies
At MASS Design Group we want people to be afforded the ability to do public interest work as a career and offer competitive salaries, health insurance, retirement plans as well as the opportunity to work with lighthouse organizations on seminal projects that promote justice and human dignity.
With over 250 employees from almost a dozen countries, MASS lives our belief that only a diverse staff from widely varied cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds is properly equipped to tackle complex challenges in our communities. We aspire to create a more inclusive architecture profession and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Qualified candidates should submit all application materials through the SlideRoom portal. Please, no phone calls or recruiting agencies. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so it is recommended to apply early. We will be in touch with next steps once your application has been reviewed.