MASS is seeking a highly diligent, self-directed, and motivated candidate with 4-6 years of communications experience to join our team in Boston as Communications Manager.We are a mission-driven design collective that approaches architecture with an interdisciplinary focus on improving people’s lives in measurable ways. We create environments that promote health and human dignity, and design towards a regenerative building culture that advances economic, social, and environmental justice from the scale of a building to the scale of a system.
This position will help manage communications timelines, project status updates, and related content for MASS. The communications manager should have strong writing skills with previous experience managing projects, working with reporters and/or external project partners, developing website content, social media expertise, and supporting external communications. The position is focused on external-facing communications but interfaces with internal communications, and a brand management team. We are looking for a team player ready to support a change-making organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and manage a communications strategy and timeline created by leadership.
- Work with project managers and supporting communications team members to oversee communications projects.
- Create content for marketing materials, including press releases, website, and partner initiatives.
- Manage media relations, project timelines and project assets including photography.
- Manage a communications budget.
- Ensure quality control and coordination of all information released.
- Oversee content created by other team members who support organizational speaking, social media, email marketing, and project marketing content.
- Degree in communications or related field with 4-6 years communications experience.
- Demonstrated writing ability for marketing and media use (samples will be requested).
- Awareness and proficiency of communications technologies, including but not limited to website, email, social media, press release distribution services, and asset management systems.
- Experience in media and/or stakeholder/client engagement.
- Clear and concise communication with team members and senior management.
- Awareness of issues represented by MASS Design Group.
- Located in the greater Boston area with the ability for temporary remote work