MASS is seeking a talented Designer/Architect to join the landscape team in our Kigali and Boston offices. Please note a professional landscape degree is required - either a master's or 5 year professional degree.
MASS seeks to create innovative design approaches that improve people’s lives in measurable ways. We create environments that promote health and dignity. Throughout the construction process, we collaborate with the communities our work will serve, approaching every project as a chance to invest in their future. We have designed projects in over a dozen countries in Africa and the Americas with a portfolio of services that spans architectural design, master planning, landscape architecture, engineering, strategic planning, communications and film. Current cross-disciplinary projects for engagement include projects in conservation, education, healthcare and urban design.
Our projects seek to support equitable and climate positive transformation of the built environment. Landscape architecture as a discipline has the potential to bridge between project and system scales, ranging from catalytic site-scaled design to city or landscape-scale visioning and planning. We are looking for talented designers with imagination and a sense of purpose for what is still a nascent profession in many geographies. The challenges and possibilities for our practice are immense and we are looking for colleagues who will respect and inspire their peers to make change together.
We are looking for a curious self-motivated learner, with a passion for the potential of landscape architecture. This person will work collaboratively with the landscape, architecture and other interdisciplinary teams to test, represent and refine design ideas, and to help develop construction documents which clearly and professionally translate design intentions into buildable language. Initiative and adaptability are essential qualities for success in this role. We are constantly seeking to improve the way we work as well as the quality of work we produce, and this position offers great potential for candidates who want to help grow our team.
- A professional landscape degree - either a master's or 5 year professional degree
2-4 years of experience working in landscape architecture, architecture or related design field.
- Demonstrated skill in concept-driven form generation and representation
- Understanding of landscape construction materials and processes.
- A commitment to applying the MASS methodology and enforcing high project standards while maintaining flexibility and humility toward the clients and communities we serve
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, Revit, AutoCad and Rhino. Lumion is a plus.
- Specialized study or interest in focusing on one or more of the following practice focus areas:
- Ecology and landscape restoration
- Community engagement
- Low-carbon construction
- Green infrastructure