Junior Associate, HR
MASS is seeking a full-time Junior Associate, HR to join our team in Boston, MA. We are a mission-driven global design collective that approaches architecture with an interdisciplinary focus on improving people’s lives in measurable ways. We create environments that promote health and human dignity, and design towards a regenerative building culture that advances economic, social, and environmental justice from the scale of a building to the scale of a system.
With over 200 employees from almost a dozen countries, MASS lives our belief that only a diverse staff from widely varied cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds is properly equipped to tackle complex challenges in our communities. We aspire to create a more inclusive architecture profession, recognizing that as an industry we need to do more to support an inclusive body of practitioners. At MASS we want people to be afforded the ability to do public interest work as a career. We prioritize equity and diversity in our hiring practices and strive to ensure an inclusive work environment.
The Junior Associate, HR will support the day to day operations of our U.S.-based teams. The ideal person for this role has a knack for organization, high attention to detail, and a proactive attitude. This position will report to the Director of HR and will have the opportunity to collaborate with our global HR team. This position is temporarily remote, with the expectation to be based in our Boston office once it reopens this fall.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the daily operations of the HR team
- Maintain and update employee data and records
- Ensure all steps of the onboarding checklist are completed for all new employees
- Logistical support for recruitment and hiring including posting and maintaining job openings, communicating with applicants and scheduling interviews
- Manage employee benefits enrollments and assist with annual open enrollment
- Respond to employee inquiries about standard policies and benefits and escalate complex questions to the Director of HR
- Assist with planning and execution of regular employee performance reviews
- Assist with payroll processing
- Other special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s in Human Resources or related field
- 2 years of experience in a human resources job function
- General knowledge of relevant US employment laws and compliance
- Positive, collaborative, and proactive attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Prior payroll and benefits administration experience preferred
- Experience using ADP Workforce Now for payroll and HR preferred but not required