MASS Design Group, Ltd. is seeking a Staff Accountant who has a solid understanding of general accounting principles and strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills. The successful candidate will enjoy a proactive approach to their day-to-day tasks while working in a start-up type environment. The ability to work both collaboratively and independently is a must.
This full-time, hybrid position is based in one of our US offices: Boston, Santa Fe, or Poughkeepsie, and is an opportunity to join our dedicated, diverse and passionate team, working to research, build, and advocate for architecture that promotes justice and human dignity.
- Handle accounts payable tasks using Netsuite and Bill.com (entering vendor bills, checking them for accuracy, properly coding expense accounts, etc.)
- Prepare cash flow projections for payables
- Monitor and maintain vendor and client communications and administration
- Ensure that employees’ expense reporting meets deadlines and requirements (receipts, accurate account coding and descriptions, approvals, etc.)
- Assist payroll specialist with reimbursements processing
- Handle bank deposits and reconcile client A/R
- Assist with bank reconciliations
- Support U.S. Accounting Lead in balance sheet and other GL account reconciliations
- Preparing monthly journal entries (accruals, deferrals, prepaids, and others)
- Support preparation and execution of annual audit
- Tackle additional responsibilities including A/R tasks and other needs as assigned by U.S. Accounting Lead
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field (Finance, Management, Economics)
- At least 2 years of accounting experience and a desire to grow into other accounting roles
- Proficiency with Oracle/Netsuite, Bill.com and Expensify desired
- Positive, collaborative and proactive attitude
- Ability to prioritize effectively, conceptualize assumptions, and test and report conclusions
- Nonprofit or professional services organizational experience preferred
- Foreign currency experience is a plus
This is a full time, hybrid position (40 hours/week) reporting to the U.S. Accounting Lead, based in one of MASS’s US offices: Boston, Poughkeepsie, or Santa Fe.
At MASS Design Group we want people to be afforded the ability to do public interest work as a career and offer competitive salaries, health insurance, and retirement plans, as well as the opportunity to work with lighthouse organizations on seminal projects that promote justice and human dignity.
With over 250 employees from almost a dozen countries, MASS lives our belief that only a diverse staff from widely varied cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds is properly equipped to tackle complex challenges in our communities. We aspire to create a more inclusive architecture profession and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Qualified candidates should submit all application materials through the SlideRoom portal. Please, no phone calls or recruiting agencies. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so it is recommended to apply early. We will be in touch with next steps once your application has been reviewed.