Junior Associate, IT
MASS is seeking a full-time Junior IT Associate to join our team in Boston, MA. We are a mission-driven design collective that approaches architecture with an interdisciplinary focus on improving people’s lives in measurable ways. We create environments that promote health and human dignity, and design towards a regenerative building culture that advances economic, social, and environmental justice from the scale of a building to the scale of a system.
The person in this role will support the day-to-day operations of our U.S.-based teams, providing IT support to both remote and office-based team members.The ideal person for this role is resourceful problem solver, with a customer service orientation and the motivation to take on any challenge or assignment that comes their way.
The Jr. IT Associate will work closely with our Boston-based Operations Manager and our IT Director in Kigali, Rwanda.
The ideal candidate has:
- At least 3 years of experience providing support to endpoint users on common day-to-day IT challenges
- Experience monitoring and updating networks
- Knowledge of Windows based computer systems, technical knowledge of hardware
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills along with excellent teamwork skills
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adhere to procedures and maintain accurate detailed records
- Proven to take responsibility for assigned tasks and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift heavy loads, up to 25 kgs.
- Experience with technical writing for documentation or instruction
- Having completed a bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field (such as computer science/engineering, Management Information Systems, etc.) is preferred
- Hardware and software certification such as, A+, Network + or Program certifications such as, Cisco and Microsoft Windows is preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers,monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone)
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Setting up accounts for new users
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
- Testing new technology
- Possibly training junior staff
- Performing additional projects and or duties as directed by the Operations manager by request
With over 250 employees from almost a dozen countries, MASS lives our belief that only a diverse staff from widely varied cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds is properly equipped to tackle complex challenges in our communities. We aspire to create a more inclusive architecture profession and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Interested candidates should submit all application materials through the application portal on our website by August 20th, 2021. Please, no phone calls or recruiting agencies. We will be in touch with next steps once your application has been reviewed.